The Distribution Center (DC) Selector is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Selection of product using voice systems
- Palletize cases of product
- Moving and positioning pallets
- loading and unloading trailers
- Shifts run between 10-12 hours
- Weekend and holiday hours required
- Warehouse experience preferred
- Previous experience working for a large wholesale food distributor a plus.
- All candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment physical, lifting assessment, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Walking, squatting, reaching, twisting, bending and carrying up to 75 pounds, distances of up to 8 feet on dry surfaces, wet surfaces, slippery surfaces and lifting up to a height of 70 inches.
- Pushing/pulling items with a resistance of up to 50 pounds.
- Standing and walking on concrete.
- Climbing to a height of up to 11 inches.
- Use repetitive motions using upper and lower extremities.
- Perform work in a refrigerated work environment with temperatures that vary from -20 degrees Fahrenheit to 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Perform work in a non-refrigerated work environment with temperatures that vary from 40 degrees Fahrenheit to 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Obtain and properly inspect equipment minimum of two (2) times per shift; ensure equipment operation check results are recorded properly and in a timely fashion.
- Must be able to operate Voice Recognition System.
- Must be able to read labels, slot identification codes and product descriptions on cases, boxes & bags.
- Must clearly understand basic math skills.
- Stack products on pallets ensuring product stability; wrap product on pallet to prepare for shipping.
- Adhere to all company work & safety rules.
- Ability to operate a hydraulic or electric pallet jack to move palletized products.
- Accurately select product to meet the minimum production standard.
- Maintain standards of personal hygiene and proper dress code.
- Must be able to communicate promptly with management regarding all problems that interfere with a safe work environment.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Available to work all shifts/days of the week.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.50 - $28.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- 10 Hour Shift
- 12 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- United States (Required)
- One location
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Only full-time employees eligible