The International Institute of Islamic Thought (IIIT) is seeking a quantitative research expert who is available to oversee the methodology and data analysis of an annual study with large data sets in international settings. This position requires being on site once a week in Herndon, Virginia.
The successful applicant will oversee the data analysis of a multisite annual study in education and human development. The candidate will be expected to develop data collection tools, methods, and research designs to address research questions; lead and carry out data analysis; and write reports and interpret specific analyses.
We seek a candidate who can also contribute to and lead proposal development, write papers for publication in journals, present at conferences. Candidates should have demonstrated methodological expertise. Quantitative methodological skill sets are sought, which could include expertise in one or more of the following: survey methodology, causal analysis, longitudinal analysis, demographic methods, and observational methodologies.
- Ph.D. or a doctorate in education, social sciences, public administration, or related subjects.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in serving as a principal investigator or providing technical leadership for large research or evaluation projects, those with multiple concurrent tasks and activities in education.
- Demonstrated quantitative research skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with a range of research or evaluation methodologies and analytic approaches.
- Experience with effectively managing and analyzing large-scale datasets with one or more of the following software: STATA, R, SPSS, SAS or other statistical software preferred and open to learning new statistical tools as required by different projects.
- Analyze, interpret, and report complex quantitative data using appropriate statistical and/or psychometric methods (multiple linear regression, Structural Equation Modeling).
- Conduct and lead studies using rigorous designs such as randomized control trials, regression discontinuity, and quasi-experimental designs with tight controls.
- Work well with others and have the flexibility and ability to take initiative.
- Experience in research in international contexts. Understand and be sensitive to the contexts of various societies including the political and social conditions.
- Develop data collection methods and guidelines.
- Conduct testing of and provide feedback regarding data collection systems.
- Conduct quantitative data analysis.
- Contribute to reports and publications as assigned.
- Monitor high technical quality in project activities.
- Contribute to the development of research protocols and measures.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills, including experience with developing and delivering presentations.
- Solid team builder and team player with proven ability to manage competing priorities, perspectives and stakeholder needs. Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain high-quality results in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making capabilities.
- Ability to work independently and lead tasks.
- Demonstrated, outstanding level of professionalism, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tack and diplomacy.
For further information go to www.iiit.org/aems
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $60.00 to $65.00 /hour
- principal investigator or providing technical leadership for: 3 years (Preferred)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Monday to Friday