· Degree in computer science/information systems, engineering or related field preferred; or a corresponding number of years’ experience in technical operations or software engineering.
· 5-6 years of experience in managing DynamoDB.
· Demonstrable experience and knowledge with key value, column oriented, and document store non-relational database systems such as DynamoDB.
· 2-4 years of experience implementing solutions on AWS. Demonstrable skills in writing automation using Cloud formation and Chef. Solid understanding of DynamoDB, Redshift and other AWS technology.
· Experience implementing database security including on wire and at rest encryption.
· 2-4 years’ experience with Linux system administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and security procedures; experience with Windows desired.
· 2-4 years’ experience with relevant scripting languages or programming frameworks desired (Python, Ruby).
· Expertise in database/data design and architectural principles and methodologies.
· 3 or more years of operational experience supporting robust e-commerce, gaming or online businesses in a 24X7 production environment.
· Expertise configuring, implementing and supporting high availability redundancy strategies for data-centric systems.
· Expertise with Disaster Recovery planning and implementation.
· Excellent knowledge of hardware, storage, RAID, and disk subsystem technologies as they pertain to data-centric systems; experience with SAN technologies desired.
· Excellent systems documentation and diagraming skills.
· Experience with project management methodologies, including the handling of complex projects.
· Demonstrated experience with troubleshooting systems issues and effectively diagnosing problems.
· Thorough understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals (DNS, TCP, HTTP), general networking technologies, network architecture and connectivity troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of enterprise storage solutions including SAN and NAS. Reviews migration planning of large, complex deploys.
- Leads significant efforts of a large system implementation, conversion or project; provides leadership across multiple efforts simultaneously.
- Implements process changes within the project team as part of continuous team improvement.
- Interacts regularly with functional teams including (but not limited to) Marketing, Product, Customer Support, and Quality to gather and disseminate information regarding product builds and progress.
- Introduces new technologies, methodologies, and processes to client; keeps informed on new technologies and establishes justification for applicable uses within client.
- Presents technologies and analysis to management to determine purchase and usage.
- Leads the organization with research initiatives to improve extensibility, flexibility, and performance of client’s systems and applications.
- Provides consulting and advisory services to internal enterprise users of the platform.
- Leads or advises project teams that design, engineer, and rollout operational readiness of new products, capabilities, and features.
- Provides representation for large scale enterprise initiatives that seek to deploy key applications or platforms within the company.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $80.00 to $90.00 /hour