John Turner Consulting, Inc. (JTC) is looking for "Certified Field Technicians" to join our engineering team with opportunities in the Providence Rhode Island Area
- Soils & Aggregate Inspector
- Soils & Aggregate Lab
- Concrete Technician
- HMA Plant Inspector
- HMA Paving Inspector
- Concrete Field Level 1
- Lab Technician
- Strength Technician
- "PCI Level I & II Plant"
Successful candidates will possess an outstanding attention to detail, can read and understand construction plans, accurately document and report collected information, and possess the ability to communicate effectively with clients.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. The individual will assist in performing field testing of soils, concrete, and asphalt. Must have strong work ethic, ability to work independently, be detail oriented and organized.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform internal and external inspections to determine if construction elements meet the acceptance criteria of a specific code, standard or document.
- Interpret regulations, codes and industry standards to apply to daily tests and inspections
- Compile and submit inspection reports, daily
- Perform other construction materials testing and inspection, when necessary
- Basic math, writing and communication skills required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
- Must possess 2-5 years of experience in the construction materials testing industry
- Extensive knowledge of industry standards required
- Must be able to travel out of town 50% or more of the time and work various shifts
- ACI, ICC, CWI, EIT, P.E., NETTCP, NICET, OSHA, and/or any other relevant certifications.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employee
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
- ACI: 1 year (Preferred)
- NETTCP: 1 year (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- On the road
- Health insurance
- Paid time off