Downtown Los Angeles Proper Hotel is seeking a highly motivated Director of Front Office. This historic 148-room renovated Hotel with two restaurants, Event venues and a spectacular rooftop bar is scheduled to open early 2020 and will be the next exciting addition to the Proper Brand.
The Director of Front Office is responsible for overseeing all Front Office operations including Valet to deliver an excellent guest experience. A Director of Front Office will also be required to evaluate guest satisfaction and set department targets and objectives. The ideal candidate will have three to five years of experience in hospitality in a leadership role.
- Oversee Front Office operations including, but not limited, Front Desk and Valet
- Evaluate Guest satisfaction levels and monitor trends with a focus on continuous improvement
- Operate within departmental budgets through effective stock and cost controls and well managed schedules
- Monitor the appearance, standards and performance of the Front Office Team with an emphasis on training and teamwork
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas and with internal and external guests
- Ensure staffing levels cover business demands
- Attend daily meetings
- Ensure ongoing training
- Proficient in property management systems
- Assist other departments wherever necessary
- Leadership/supervisory experience in Front Office is preferred
- Strong leadership skills to manage and motivate the team
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good financial awareness
- Accountable and resilient
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
Proper Hospitality is made up of a diverse group of passionate individuals who share a common love for hotels and the art of hospitality. Our philosophy is simple: There is a right way to do things and anything less just isn’t proper. We are seeking out the “best of the best” from inside and outside of the industry to work alongside us as we grow a new kind of lifestyle Hospitality Company inspired by a centuries-old tradition. The work is challenging and fast-paced, but rewarding above all.
Proper Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other federal/state protected category,
Proper Hospitality will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local Fair Chance Hiring Ordinances. INDHOTEL