Downtown Los Angeles Proper Hotel is seeking a highly motivated hospitality professional, to serve as Assistant Front Office Manager. This historic 148-room renovated Hotel with two restaurants, Event venues and a spectacular rooftop bar is scheduled to open early 2020 and will be the next exciting addition to the Proper Brand.
Reporting directly to the Director of Front Office, the Assistant Front Office Manager is responsible for ensuring the daily operations of the Front Desk is run efficiently and smoothly.
- Provide a warm, authentic greeting to all guests according to company standards.
- Display a positive and enthusiastic attitude and be a team-player.
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment and maintain composure at all times; be solutions oriented, open minded, and always seeking to improve.
- Understand and communicate Proper brand standards to guests.
- Provide knowledgeable and comprehensive information about the neighborhood and surrounding areas.
- Promptly answer, record, and complete all guests’ requests, phone calls, questions, or concerns.
- Process arrivals and departures, complete registration paperwork, obtain and post payments, and balance cash banks.
- Execute check in process per company standards.
- Arranging airport and local transportation through established network of vetted vendors and seeking new best practices.
- Display a desire to exceed expectations with every interaction
- Flexible and organized
- Able to work under pressure
- Dependable and detail-oriented
- Opera PMS knowledge
- Basic knowledge and experience with Microsoft office products and the internet
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Proactive and productive
- Strong customer service skills
- Initiates innovative ways to bring value to the community
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills- both oral and written
- Strong ability to assess a situation, show good judgment, and resolve conflicts
- Attentive to details with excellent follow-through skills
- Work flexible schedules and willing and able to work shift duties that may include evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Collaborate with Colleagues cross-departmentally
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Work cohesively with Colleagues as part of a team
Proper Hospitality is made up of a diverse group of passionate individuals who share a common love for hotels and the art of hospitality. Our philosophy is simple: There is a right way to do things and anything less just isn't proper. We are seeking out the best of the best from inside and outside of the industry to work alongside us as we grow a new kind of lifestyle Hospitality Company inspired by a centuries-old tradition. The work is challenging and fast-paced but rewarding above all.
Proper Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other federal/state protected category.
Proper Hospitality will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local Fair Chance Hiring Ordinances. INDHOTEL