Harbor Group Management Company is an established real estate investment/property management company headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia with approximately $4 billion in assets in multifamily residential, commercial, and retail properties throughout the United States and abroad.
This position will be the primary backup for the Residential Utility Billing Clerk. In addition, he/she will provide additional support to the Internal Auditor and the Executive Assistant.
Primarily responsible for this position include but are not limited to paying monthly utility invoices for the properties, establishing contracts, researching occupancy dates and maintaining records of utility consumption.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As an administrative assistant the daily responsibilities will vary. The main focus of this job is to back up the Utility Billing Clerk paying and monitoring all utility invoices for the properties. The items listed below are designed to assist in this task.
- Enter and pay monthly utility invoices to include all gas, power, water & sewer, irrigation, pond management, telephone, cable, pagers, answering services and waste disposal. Enter and pay other utilities that may be added at later dates such as pest control and landscaping.
- Research occupancy dates in MRI and code all electric and gas invoices for any vacants prior to entering them into system.
- Bill back all resident charges for utilities in MRI including an additional $10.00 charge for each bill. Mail bills directly to the residents from the corporate office with instructions to pay at the property office. Send a copy of the completed billing batch to the Property Manager.
- Maintain records of bill backs each month by property and submit report to regional managers and copy the internal auditor.
- Work with the Internal Auditor reviewing resident statement of security deposits.
- Work with the Internal Auditor in reviewing collection agency activity and assignment of past due resident accounts to collection agencies.
- Work with Executive Assistant in posting replacement reserves.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Always maintain a positive attitude and a smile.
- The Administrative Assistant shall adhere to the work schedule as set forth by the company.
- In the event an absence becomes necessary, notify the Senior Vice President/Director of Residential Management before your schedule start time.
Performance is measured by the following: timeliness and accuracy of:
- data entry into various spreadsheets and MRI;
- resident statement of security deposits;
- replacement reserve; and
- resident past due collections.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as resident or business correspondence, operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to convey the results of research, analysis, or discovery.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All employees in all positions are expected to act professionally at all times, including but not limited to treating others with respect, valuating diversity, supporting team/community goals, and following company policies and procedures.