FiveBy is a high-end anti-fraud and online security consultancy headquartered in Seattle with operations across the United States.
We are a motivated group of specialized professionals united under the mission to provide the programs, services, and expertise our clients need to protect their products and customers. With the ever-increasing risk of security breaches, identity fraud, espionage, cyber-attacks, and other nefarious activities by bad actors, there has never been a better time to join the fight against online crime.
We're on the search for an experienced Investigative Fraud Analyst to join our ranks. will partner with data analysts and fraud investigators to identify and query valuable data sets and conduct accurate, in-depth investigations into fraudulent activity and suspected threat actors. If you're looking for the opportunity to work with other talented anti-fraud professionals, this could be just the right opportunity for you!
This role is seated onsite at our Seattle headquarters. This is not a remote or work-from-home position.
Our Investigative Fraud Analysts will be responsible for:
- Querying data from complex and/or disparate data sets using SQL or similar querying language
- Data analysis and trend profiling
- Conducting online investigations using open source and/or database research
- Threat actor profiling/TTP
- Subject matter expertise in web authentication and security best practices
- Identifying active and impending threats and outlining prevention, remediation, and mitigation recommendations
- Assisting in the creation of proactive and/or automated fraud prevention/response efforts
- Creating written reports/adverse action documentation
- Communicating complex scenarios to a variety of audiences
Consultants in this role typically have:
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher
- At least two years of professional work experience in the anti-fraud space
- Intermediate to strong SQL skills
- Prior experience in an enterprise environment
- Adaptable communication skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- A passion for collaborative problem solving, continuous learning, and team success
Bonus Points for:
- Certified Fraud Examiners Certificate (CFE)
FiveBy is an equal opportunity employer.
All employment decisions – including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge – are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Work environment and physical demands
In order to perform this role, the selected employee must be able to operate within a standard office environment, with or without reasonable accommodation. This includes the ability to withstand long periods of staring at a computer screen, exposure to fluorescent lights, and repetitive motion associated with writing and/or continuous computer use. This role requires the ability to stand or sit for long periods of time, communicate with others via speech or text, and use hands or other tools to operate a computer and keyboard. Light to moderate lifting may be required. Due to the nature of our work, employees must be able to uphold the stress of traveling to client sites as well as adapt (within reason) to the conditions of client sites. Regular, predictable attendance is required, as is the ability to work outside of standard business hours as business needs dictate.
If you require accommodation due to a documented disability covered under the Americans Disability Act, click here to submit your accommodation request. To be eligible for accommodation under the ADA, applicants must meet the minimum qualifications of the position for which they are applying.