The Development Assistant will perform a variety of skilled creative, production, and administrative duties related to fundraising, database management and the Tree Dedication Program. The Development Associate will also have thorough and up-to-date knowledge of all TreePeople programs, partnerships, special events, tree dedications, membership programs, organization history, and mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manage gift processing workflow and process incoming donations. This, including documenting and ensuring correct tracking, proper allocation, and timely donation acknowledgment.
2. Manage and assist with Salesforce needs for the development department, including coordinating entry and analytics of data.
3. Coordinate gift processing and coding for contributions.
4. Support special events including managing timelines, location and vendor relations, production support, RSVP tracking, and more.
5. Lead membership benefit fulfillment for donors, including new member packages.
6. Collaborate with Development department to meet fiscal objectives, including budget projections and expenses.
7. Works closely with the Finance department to ensure accurate and current record keeping for all departmental data, including reconciling reports on a weekly basis.
8. Support donor cultivation and recognition events.
9. Assist with portfolio-related data entry.
10. Manage stock of development-related envelopes, stationery, and pamphlet.
11. Provide backup support for department with miscellaneous donor, membership, tree dedication, and data entry-related projects whenever possible.
1. AA degree or Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred
2. One to two years of experience in development, preferably in a nonprofit organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Candidates should have the ability to interact within a team and have effective organizational and communication skills.
2. Computer skills and proficiency with using Microsoft Office and Google G-Suite
3. Excellent communication skills speaking, listening and writing
4. Must be detail-oriented
5. Strong administrative skills:
planning and organizing
6. Editing/ proofreading and writing proficiency
7. Customer Service - demonstrate the ability to respond with urgency to the needs and requests of others, internally and externally and ensure a high degree of responsiveness to all donors without regard to their giving level. Understand the impact of their work on others.
8. Understand safety policies and actively promote safe practices in the workplace.
9. Maintain constructive relationships and demonstrate respect for everyone contacted.
10. Willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions or priorities.
While performing the duties of this job, this position requires standing, walking, sitting, typing, as well as the ability to lift, push, or pull 15 pounds.
Pay Range - $19.00 to $21.00/hr
TreePeople is an equal opportunity employer.