Performs a variety of highly complex duties in support of a department, school/college, program or unit. Perform and supervise a wide variety of specialized duties which may include program administration, organizational analysis, special assignments, budgets, contracts, facilities, systems and personnel. Typically participates in short and long range planning or program development, provide recommendations based on specialized skills and significant knowledge of organizations objectives and activities. May coordinate the work of others. Support day-to-day operations. Resolve problems that may have significant impact on overall goals. Manages supervisor and/or department calendar that include complex scheduling arrangements.
- Manage calendar and meetings for the Office of the Dean.
– Provide time management support by prudently allocating the Dean’s time, exercising subtle judgment about the priority and urgency of the many requests incoming from faculty, staff, students, other LMU administrators, alumni, parents, and industry contacts.
– Plan, coordinate, and arrange meetings. Make travel arrangements. Reserve locations; prepare agendas and related materials; attend meetings as needed to record minutes or summaries for distribution.
– Uphold the utmost confidentiality regarding meeting content and other highly sensitive information, such as personnel issues, grievances, finances, and donor relations.
– Ensure that the Dean stays abreast of important deadlines and takes necessary actions in a timely manner.
- Manage communications for the Office of the Dean.
– Communicate with faculty, staff, students, and external contacts regarding important school issues, deadlines, and events.
– Answer the Dean’s phone lines as needed, in a courteous and professional manner. Assess needs of callers and visitors; provide assistance or connect to appropriate staff or faculty. Take thorough and accurate messages. Respond to general questions regarding SFTV programs and services.
– Build and maintain faculty, staff, and student email lists and regularly distribute to internal users.
- Administer operations for Office of the Dean.
– Managing electronic information systems
– Purchasing office supplies, as well as ensuring department’s conformity to university policies and procedures.
– Maintains currency on revisions to department, school and/or university policies and procedures
- Manage P-card transactions and reconciliation. Record, track, and reconcile a heavy volume of P-Card purchases for the Dean.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 6 years related job experience in progressively responsible positions, preferably in higher education and/or the entertainment industry.
- Ability to relieve the Dean of routine details and exercise initiative and independent judgment in their absence.
- Highly developed organizational skills. Ability to analyze, manage, multi-task, motivate, plan, organize and execute day-to-day operations. Work under constant deadlines and maintain a rigorous and detail-oriented approach to each task. Ability to assess, prioritize and delegate the flow of work on a daily basis.
- Essential to be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and a high level of patience.
- Ability to prepare memos, reports and other documents efficiently. Demonstrated computer competency and preferably knowledgeable of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint in both Mac and PC environments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required in dealing with faculty, staff, students, and parents, occasionally in a volatile or conflicted context of disputes and grievances. Professional demeanor and aplomb important for contact with VIPs and donors in communication with Dean.
- Typically a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.