The City of Calistoga has a full time employment opportunity with excellent benefits for an Administrative Services Technician. Under general supervision, performs a variety of technical and administrative duties requiring the application of specialized operational, program, or regulatory knowledge in support of a department, or program; assumes on-going, technical and administrative responsibilities specific to area of assignment; coordinates assigned programs, projects, and services with other departments and outside agencies; and provides specialized program information and assistance to City staff and the general public; and performs related work as required. Bilingual skills are desirable.
- Prepare and process bi-monthly payroll for 55 full-time employees and 35 part-time employees.
- Prepare and process payment of all required monthly, quarterly and annual State and Federal Tax reports.
- Reconcile payroll accounts and prepare monthly journal entries.
- Review, interpret, implement and prepare any necessary reports relative to; changes in State and Federal tax payroll laws, workers compensation payments, 4850 leave time, employer/employee paid contributions to various programs, Public
- Employees Retirement System (PERS) the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), employee group memorandums of Understanding and any other agency requirements.
- Perform technical payroll activities associated with benefits; complete, generate and distribute salary information to designated retirement sources.
- Receive and review timesheets from each department; calculate and enter timesheet data into the computer; calculate various payroll withholdings and deductions.
- Determine when employees become eligible for PERS membership and health insurance and must understand the regulations and the processes that are involved to be able to report accurate information to the retirement system.
Equivalent to the completion of the 12th grade.
College-level coursework in business or public administration, finance, accounting, or related field.
Bilingual skills highly desirable.
Licenses or Certificates:
Possession of, a valid California Driver’s License.
Please contact the Human Resources Department with questions or