Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities
AbleVets, LLC is a fast-growing Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and DoD improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated Software Tester to support our VA customer. This position is in our Chantilly, VA office (preferred) or can be remote.
This position is for an experienced Software Tester to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for hands-on development of testing materials and testing of applications. This role will participate in the full system lifecycle including analysis, planning, implementation, testing, documentation, deployment and reporting. To accomplish this, the Software Tester will develop tests based on customer requirements and then verify the coded elements of the application. Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the identification, creation, and execution of automated and manual application feature and regression tests to verify acceptance criteria. This may include User Facing, Web Service, and Database levels.
- Contributes to the design, development, implementation and maintenance of automated test-ware (scripts, functions, programs, processes) to increase the efficiency of testing processes, including Continuous Integration.
- Contributes to the definition, development, and control of the testing environments.
- Works with various teams to solve problems and improve efficiency especially for software testing and automation methodologies, processes, and best practices.
- Participates in the test review, defect management, and configuration management processes within a continuous delivery pipeline.
- Works closely with end users
- Ability to affectively demonstrate software to various audiences, sometimes with short notice
- Investigates and validates software defects in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel.
- Utilize customer approved agile development tools for all user stories and ensure traceability for testing
- Support custom integrations between the application and existing systems to support the buildout of additional services
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electronics engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline and two (2) years of relevant experience. An additional six (6) years of related experience may be substituted for education requirement.
- Experience with manual testing required
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of modern software development and Dev/Ops tools, including GitHub.
- Familiarity with Agile incremental delivery approach which supports incremental development of high-quality, fully tested application component delivery every 2 weeks
- Familiarity with test driven development approaches
- Must have experience with configuring necessary hardware and operating environments as needed to complete assigned testing.
- Must have experience in writing or assisting in the development of test plans and test procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as interpersonal skills to interact with customers, team members and upper management
- Self-starter that can work under general direction in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust
Preferred / Desired Skills:
- Vista/ Mumps Experience Preferred
- Automated testing experience preferred
- Previous Department of Veterans Affairs experience
- Current VA access is highly preferred but not mandatory for this position
- Experience with the Department of Veteran Affairs, tools, processes and frameworks
- Previous experience with Rational, DevOps implementation, Jenkins, GitHub and/or ZenHub
- Previous experience with HCD and Usability testing.
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.