North Star Holdings, Incis one of the largest Cannabis Cultivators in the United States with five years experience. We are dedicated to producing the highest quality cannabis products for our customers.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Vice President, Operations - USA, to lead the overall accountability for Cultivation situated in Carpinteria, CA, for 1,000,000 Sq Foot Cannabis Greenhouse Operation. The successful candidate will be a scientifically minded senior cultivator with a proven history of relevant cultivation management experience, a strong technical background in plant biology, and expertise in all aspects of protected culture agriculture.
- Perform and manage all aspects of growing including selection and development of genetic strains and seeds, cloning, potting and transplanting, designing and maintaining nutrient regiments, feeding plants, defoliation, topping, flushing, foliar and preventative sprays, trimming, harvesting, drying, packaging, waste disposal and inventory management.
- Direct activities throughout life-cycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, policies, budget, and other factors necessary for success.
- Create and lead training program and SOPs for all cultivation personnel on plant propagation, plant care, plant harvest, and compliance.
- Ensure that the Cultivation Teams across all locations are adhering to protocols and policies to ensure President’s production requirements are met.
- Provide advanced technical guidance to personnel in the proper maintenance and care of mothers and propagations.
- Responsible for delivering key performance indicators (yield, inventory management, quality, safety, etc.) to company standards.
- Maintain exceptional attention to detail to achieve consistently high quality and yield.
- Oversee farms, including managing budget, cost, performing general administrative duties, and purchasing materials as needed.
- Recognize potential problems and execute correction measures.
- Manage data collection for accuracy and ensure all tracking is compliant with government regulations.
- Manage plant scheduling and organization to precise project all garden needs on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Catalogue and analyze each individual strain from clone to flower to harvesting.
- Generate and maintain accurate Good Production Practices (GPP)documents.
- Help create all documents and associated responsibilities as they pertain to the receiving of raw materials, propagation, sowing, growing, drying, harvesting, packaging, storage, picking, destroying, shipping and distribution of cannabis.
- Assist in Greenhouse design
- Assist government regulators and auditors with inspections and audits of facility, operations, inventory, sales and regulatory compliance.
- Additional duties as assigned by the CEO and President
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture, agriculture, biology or related field. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience managing product, staff and resources in a commercial greenhouse or agricultural operation at the senior level.
- Knowledge of Cannabis lifecycle cultivation, including best practices from growing, fertigation, and IPM application.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation.
- Extensive knowledge in the environment, health and safety standards in agricultural operations required.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve production objectives in terms of volume, product mix, cost and quality.
- Knowledge of GMP guidelines.
- Results-oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines.
- Ability to work with technical experts, farmers, to identify and evolve best practice that can be implemented into operations.
- Organized with a strong work ethic and a team-oriented positive attitude.
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check.
- Must be eligible to work in the USA.
Salary plus stock options. Company will be publicly traded in 3-6 months.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $140,000.00 to $200,000.00 /year
- relevant: 10 years (Required)
- Master's (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan