As part of the District Private Security team, Investigators may work in various locations throughout our coverage area.
Investigators roles include gathering information about a person, or subject, at the center of an investigation. Must be familiar with the use of wiretaps, concealed cameras, and other surveillance tools to complete investigations. Responsibilities in this role include conducting video surveillance, performing background checks, researching fraudulent activity, drafting reports about findings, and uploading evidence into a data management database.. In all of these roles, you will be working outside for extended periods of time writing/documenting/inputting reports (without the use of spell/grammar check) into our computer systems.
District Investigators observe, react and respond to occurrences throughout there assigned area. In addition, our Investigators are responsible for answering and monitoring radio traffic to include call in and responding to safety concerns.
A California Guard Registration Card is not required to apply,
but will be required prior to the start of initial shift.
California Class “C” license must be obtained at the culmination of
training - must meet eligibility requirements. Willingness to work
outdoors and at various heights is required.
All candidates must be at least 18 years of age for consideration AND be working towards or successfully completed an Associate's Degree or higher in Criminal Justice, Private Investigations, Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Emergency Medical Services and/or any other Security related field OR at least one of the following:
- Successfully completed Basic Training in the Military
- Law Enforcement, Special Deputy and/or Police Cadet experience
- Loss Prevention and/or Plain Clothes Operatives experience
- High pressure situational experience such as an Emergency Medical Technician, Firefighter, Flight Attendant and/or a 911 Operator
- BSIS Guard Card
- BSIS Exposed Firearms Permit
- CCW Permit
- Associate's Degree or higher in Criminal Justice, Private Investigations, Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Emergency Medical Services and/or any other Security related field